What is Ambrosia?


I have had a couple of people ask me what is Ambrosia?  Instead of telling you I thought I would go one better and actually give you the recipe.


INGREDIENTS:

1 Kg of berry yoghurt
500 mls of cream
1 big pkt of marshmallows
1 bag of frozen blackberries or whatever berries you want.
(If using strawberries go for one punnet and match the yoghurt to the berry you use.)


METHOD:

1)  Cut the marshmallows in half.  If using Strawberries I would cut them in half or quarters.

2)  Whip the cream  till you get soft peaks 
 
3) Add yogurt and mix till well combined
 
4)  Add marshmallows and berries.  I drained the frozen berries in a sieve but I really didn't need to since not much juice came out.
 
5)  Leave in fridge to set for at least 4-5 hours.  Tastes even better the next morning!
 
 
As well as the 8 little tea cups above, I filled at least 8 plastic cups as well.  So a lot goes around!
 

Comments

Cat said…
I've never heard of Ambrosia before but it sounds like it's nice and healthy. I bet everyone had some, it looks so beautifully presented. Thank you for the recipe.
Anonymous said…
Ambrosia is a family favourite of ours. We make it with sour cream, marshmallows, bottled cherries and grapes - so a little different, but I suspect equally as yummy?!

Popular Posts