The Baby Boy's Quilt


I finally finished this quilt for our friends little Poppet.  I was still sewing the binding on in the car while traveling down to see him for the first time.  I have used Kate's pattern. I really enjoyed this pattern and can't wait to use it again. 


Isn't he the most adorable thing sleeping there so peacefully.  I used straight line quilting and used the blue and grey dot fabric by Amy Butler for the binding.  I backed the quilt with the adorable 'Speckled Owl" fabric by Alexander Henry.  I love, love, love this fabric.  He has a couple of owl things there already so the quilt fits in well.


 We went to see him because he was having his Christening.  And he got to wear the gown I made many years back which all my children have worn and my nephew.



These are the photo's that my 4 year old took.  She ran off with my camera and got up real close (in every one's face) in the front row to take pictures in the middle of the ceremony.  If you look closely at the other photo you can see every one laughing.  She was very distracting and entertaining but the priest continued on like a  pro.  I had to wrestle that camera off her in the end as she ran up the isle and decided this would be a great time to play catch and chase with my camera.  So, so embarrassing!!!!!  She is very trying that one!


This is my son wearing it way back here.

I have linked the pattern on this post but here it is again. The link is http://oneflewover.bigcartel.com/product/geometric-quilt-pattern


Comments

One Flew Over said…
Oh my!! So gorgeous..love love the fabrics and of course, all that blue.

Your blog is looking beautiful x
Anonymous said…
Hey, I love this pattern, do you have a link to it??
MaryBeth said…
I hope you'll get this message even though it's very much past your issue. I love your little boy quilt. When you say you used "Kate's pattern" I'm wondering which pattern that might be> Thanks.
Unknown said…
I just love this quilt pattern and would like to use it on a baby quilt I need to make for my niece. Where did you buy it from.
Melinda said…
I really like your quilt, could you please link the pattern?

Popular Posts