Pink and Red Baby Quilt


So here it is!  I finally got around to finishing this quilt.  Featuring fairies, butterflies, flowers, stripes, spots, checks and little red riding hood.  All what little girl dream's are made of.

 All I had to do was hand stitch the binding down but it sat round for a month.  It didn't help that I ran out of binding; 20cm's to go!  So a bit of improvisation and .... 


2 different fabrics were used for the binding, one being polka dots and the other checks.  Not ideal but I think it still looks okay.

Originally I started to hand quilt it but as usual I was unhappy with it so I unpicked it all and machine stitched squares and diagonal lines.


I used this beautiful natural linen with pretty red flowers for the backing.  I got it off trade me for a song and I think it originally came from Japan.  I love it so much I will definitely use it for my next quilt creation ( whenever that will be?)


Now I just have to send it off to my wee friend.

Other creative spaces here.


Comments

That is just adorable! Your choice of fabrics is just divine and I think the recipient will love it and treasure it always!
Rebecca said…
Well done it looks fantastic! You can hardly notice the difference in the bias binding. It still looks great. I have a weakness for butterflies for little girls :)
Sally said…
Gorgeous. SO truly-ruly stunningly gorgeous. BRAVO!
Fay said…
Gorgeous quilt!
Karen said…
Absolutely gorgeous Mary-Jane. I bet it will be well loved for many years to come.
Cas said…
gush...pretty pretty pretty :) well done, its gorgeous. did i mention it was pretty!! cheers
Barbara said…
Your quilt is really lovely. I like that you used two different fabrics for the binding.
Hootnz said…
Oh that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the combo of prints and colours :)
Unknown said…
It's stunning! I love it!
Anonymous said…
This quilt is AMAZING! I've just found your blog and I am hoping not everything you make is so fab, or else I am going to be leaving a lot of comments!

Popular Posts